Life thru Pictures

Sunday, July 30, 2006



On Saturday we went to Waimea Falls Park. It was my first time there...I may have been there in elementary school but I don't remember. It was a nice hike. Well, this is a picture of why the falls is so famous. A powerful wall of water emptying into a serene pool of water. A nice place to swim away from the beach. After a pretty short walk, there it is. I was in shock. It wasn't what I thought it'd be.



This is what the falls actually looked like:


This is what happens when there's no rain. It wasn't the magical backdrop for my picture but it was nice to get out, do something a little different & get exercise too.

Afterwards, we got some shave ice & rounded out the afternoon at Mililani Uka--Neil played some basketball with some old high school classmates & I got a chance to catch up on people I haven't seen in years.

Even though I didn't work out nearly as much as Neil, sitting out in the sun is hard work too. We were pretty bushed but our day wasn't over yet! We got to eat at Ihilani's buffet which had the chocolate fountain. It's not the chocolate that excites me but rather the idea of sticking a whole but of stuff into a streaming fountain of chocolate. I could stick my head in there. I didn't but I could have.

And finally, we rounded out the day with a game of poker. My suggestion is that we start sooner so that we aren't finishing up at the crack of dawn. Okay, that's an exaggeration but maybe next time we'll have time for a second game. I'm bringing the snack next time. All in all, it was a great Saturday...until Sunday when Neil woke up & got sick. It was just awful for him. But not enough from keeping him away from that football of his! It was a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home