Life thru Pictures

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Tomorrow is the last day of school. YAY!!!! yay!!! Okay, it's going to be a bittersweet goodbye. It was only 10 months ago that I began my temporary position as a counselor at PCHS. there were times when I questioned by career choice. There were times that I was so angry...at parents, at students, at teachers, at myself, at the entire school system. There were afternoons that I would have lost my head if it were possible. It was no joke when they told us in grad school that we needed FLEXIBILITY. If I were any more flexible, I would quit my job & become an exotic dancer (who probably makes much more than I). Well, that's out of the question but that's what I've become. Gumby, the flexible counselor. Bending backwards to ensure the success of my students with the occasional bending forwards to take it from behind by the parent who always had to get their way.

I've stayed behind to work long after others have left while also (mentally) checking out when having to hear the same "poor me's" story. Yes, I've done it. I've tried (with no success) to meet all my students. I have however, memorized names. I have met ALL my core students just in time for the end of the year. I will probably miss them the most. Those are my freshmen. They are funny, bright, passionate, innovative. They have brought smiles to my face while at the same time have driven me insane.

I have been late to meetings. I have missed meetings. I have been guilty of not scheduling meetings. I hate meetings. I don't know if I've ever sat in a meeting where decisions were made without needing another meeting. Meetings suck.

I've hated my job. I've dreaded my job. I've tolerated my job. Hey, I kinda like my job. I've even loved my job. It's been a great year. I


hope to have some pictures to post with this blog a litle later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home