Life thru Pictures

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Secret #2

Well, yesterday I began telling the story of "The Secret" & how I hoped it could help change my life. They say that we have to first be grateful for what we already have. I think it helps the brain switch its thinking from a "want-mode" to a "receive-mode." We live in a country that is always wanting. The grass is always greener somewhere. We're constantly upgrading our lives. Not to say that I don't want to have a quality life with quality things & people in it. I see receiving as being grateful for whatever I get. Whether it be the ideal job or home or mate.

I am thankful for my life. I think I 've got a pretty nice little life going on. I've got a comfortable home, the loft all to myself. I've got a full time job in the field that I got my degree in. I have children at school who give me daily hugs & smile & say my name. I'm able to smile everyday. I laugh easily. I have great friends who although now we are very different, we can always enjoy each other's company. I have a very loving fiance who is patient & kind & funny & smart.

Speaking of which, he is a very good example of how he came into my life when I least expected it. I had finally come to peace with my single status. I was enjoying spending time with myself & being available to anything that came my way. I was truly enjoying what I had. I was no longer wishing for that ideal prince. I was thinking & feeling differently & therefore I was behaving differently. And suddenly the universe (yes, I'm going to talk like that kooky lady) plopped down a very wonderful person. He was definitely a life changer.

It's going to take a lot of conscious effort to turn my thinking, feeling & acting around. We'll see how it works.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joseph said...

I saw parts of Oprah and stuff. But i think the "secret" is just being content with what you have.
We're jealous and envious creatures. We always want something new, faster and bigger... and that cycle never stops, because the new things become old.. and there are always things bigger and faster.
We always think the grass is green on the other side, but the truth is, the grass is green where we water it.

good job on updating again.

3:41 PM  
Blogger nure nezumi said...

haha, i like how in the middle of that nice, sentimental passage you wrote "plopped down." how appropriate.

yes good job updating. my co-workers were talking about that oprah "secret." they told everyone to watch it the day before and then when they came to work the next day they all said "what the heck was that? it was nothing but people talking about how lucky they were blah blah blah." so obviously they didn't get it, haha. but yeah, i agree, seeing the good in what you have and in what's coming your way already is an excellent way to see your life for how great it already is. yay.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home